Andrew Beatson Plumbing and Heating Ltd (“Beatson” “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with any other documents referred to within, sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act) / EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR), the data controller is Andrew Beatson Plumbing and Heating Ltd, 1 Coppice Close, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 2DW
- Individuals whose data we collect and process
- We collect and process data from visitors to our website at beatsonplumbing.co.uk
- We collect, process and store data from individuals who contact us directly
- We collect, process and store data from individuals who use our services or buy our products.
- Information we process about Individuals
We may collect and process the following data about Individuals:
- Information that you provide via our website, social media, email, telephone and other means of contact. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Retention & Deletion
We retain your information while you remain an active customer, unless you ask us to delete your information. If you stop being an active customer, we will retain your information unless you request that your details be deleted; however, we will only contact you if we believe the information we intend to send to you could be of ‘legitimate interest’ to you.
If you have requested information from us, we will retain your information until you request it to be removed / deleted. Subject to the exceptions described below, we delete or anonymise your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, we may retain information after account deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding invoice on your account.
- We may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as accounting or fraud prevention.
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymised form.
- IP addresses, cookies and similar technologies
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using technology such as “cookies”, which store information on the hard drive of your computer. This type of technology helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service for Public Users and our customers. They enable us:
- Understand visitor numbers.
- To store information about a Public User’s preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to a Public User’s interests and offer them goods or services in which we believe they will be interested.
- To speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
- To find out more about cookies, including how to control and disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- You may refuse to accept some technologies such as cookies by activating settings on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of technologies such as cookies. If you refuse all cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. If you do not activate these settings on your browser then you will be taken to have consented to the use of these technologies.
- We use Google Analytics and other monitoring software on our site.
- We use 3rd party technology to collect, store and communicate with you about our products and services.
- These types of technologies also allow the proprietor of the technology e.g. Google to also access your information, we have no control over how your information is processed by third parties such as Google. Please read the privacy packages of the provider to understand how your information may be used by these third parties.
- 3rd party services that we use on our site that may set cookies include
- Where we store Individual’s personal data
- Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features in order to reduce the risk of unauthorised access.
- How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To generate personal profile reports about you which we use to help to tailor our site, and our interactions with you to suit your preferences.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in HG5). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Sharing your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Beatson or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Beatson, our customers, or others.
- It is necessary to the supply of our service to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may provide hyper-links from our website to websites of third parties. Please note that this privacy statement applies only to the contents of our website and not to those websites to which we may provide a link.
- Accessing your Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a “data subject access request” under GDPR 2016. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- Give you a description of it.
- Tell you why we are holding it.
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- Let you have a copy.
Any formal subject access request should be made in writing to the address below. This will be provided FOC. However, we may charge a reasonable fee for repetitive, unfounded, or excessive requests or additional copies.
Beatson Plumbing Ltd, 1 Coppice Close, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 2DW
- How can you Update or Change your Information?
- If at any time you wish to change your information, you can contact us, providing the updated information.
- If you wish to opt-out of email notifications and communications, you can contact us and we will ensure you do not receive any more communications.